Sentinel flavour tablet is a single dose treatment for killing flea eggs, controlling intestinal worms and preventing heartworms found in dogs. The once a month meal time tablet is an effective treatment for roundworms, hookworms and whipworms. It inhibits development of flea eggs and breaks flea life cycle to prevent future occurrence of fleas. By destroying heartworm larvae it stops the worm from growing into adult form and prevents heartworm diseases.
A Novartis product, Sentinel tablets are suitable for 2 weeks and older puppies and dogs that weigh at least 2 pounds. It is the single most monthly preventive for an array of internal and external parasites. Highly suitable for mixed infestations, the tablet keeps dogs disease free.
How it works?
Sentinel contains lufenuron and milbemycin oxime as the active ingredients. Lufenuron is an insect development inhibitor that controls flea infestations. It prevents fleas from reproducing and stops egg development to block the life cycle. Milbemycin oxime prevents heartworm infections and controls intestinal parasites. It interferes with the worm’s nervous system and destroys their adult forms.
Combined action of both these ingredients keeps away mixed infestations to save the pet from diseases caused by parasites.
- Milbemycin Oxime
- Palatable tablet taken as a treat by dogs
- Prevents heartworms
- Treats roundworms, hookworms and whipworms
- Stops flea egg development to prevent growth of flea population
- Protects the pet from heartworm diseases
- Saves the pet from diseases caused by intestinal worms
- Effective dewormer and flea control
Available in four different colour coded packs, Sentinel for dogs is suitable for all age groups and weight categories. Choose the pack in accordance with the weight of your pet.
Before starting the treatment, get your pet tested for an existing heartworm infection. If the test is negative then only start administration of Sentinel tablets.
Sentinel Tablets are given orally, once a month, at the recommended minimum dosage of 10 mg/kg of body weight of Lufenuron and 0.5 mg/kg of body weight of milbemycin oxime.
Give one tablet directly in the pet’s mouth. Make sure the pet eats up the entire dosage. If not then you need to give another full dose. Check with your vet for this.
- Do not start the treatment without getting your pet tested for existing heartworm infection.
- Do not administer to puppies younger than 4 weeks of age
- Do not administer to pets allergic to any of the ingredients
- Store at a place away from children, pets and food items
- Store at a cool and dry place
- Do not administer to pregnant and nursing pets without consulting a vet
- Follow label instructions for administration and expiry details
- Hypersensitive pets may experience adverse reactions like vomiting, diarrhoea, lethargy, pruritis and other unusual signs. In such cases, consult your vet immediately.
- Wash hands after administering the chew
- Human consumption proves toxic. Consult a physician in such cases