Bravecto is a unique flea and tick treatment for dogs. It is the first oral chew to provide protection from fleas and ticks up to 90 days. This long lasting flea preventive is an innovation of Merck. The elimination process starts within 2 hours of application. Bravecto combats against fleas and various ticks. This efficient flea control fights the existing fleas and its juvenile stages for 12 continuous weeks, thus blocking the re-infestation of these pests. Puppies above 6 months of age and 4.4 lbs. of weight are safe to be treated with this enticing oral chew.
How Bravecto works?
Bravecto is made with a unique ingredient Fluralaner, which has never been used before. This active ingredient quickly reaches tissue fluids under the dog’s skin. When fleas and ticks feed on this ingredient unknowingly, they die. Use of this ingredient enables Bravecto to provide protection against the external pests for as long as 3 months.
Direction for use
Being an oral chew, Bravecto is very easy to administer. You can start the treatment any time of the year and continue it for the rest of the year. Weigh your canine before selecting the correct package as it is colour coded on the basis of the weight range. It is a flavoured chew. So, your pets may take it as a treat or you can add it to his food and administer indirectly.
- A single dose of Bravecto shield dogs from pests for 12 weeks
- It kills fleas and ticks efficiently
- Does not let the juvenile stages to grow and prevents re-infestation
- Starts destruction within 2 hours of administration
- Easy to use
- No mess while treating pets, unlike topical solutions and sprays
- Pets need not to be restrained from grooming with each other
- Start the treatment at any time of the year and can continue for the rest of the year.
- According to the weight of a dog, administer Bravecto at an interval of 12 weeks.
- The minimum dosage starts from 11.4 mg/lb (25 mg/kg) body weight.
- You can provide Bravecto as a treat or mix it with food.
- Can treat puppies of 6 months of age and older, and weighing 4.4 pounds or greater.
- For lone star infestation, provide dosage of Bravecto every 8 weeks.
Administer Bravecto according to the following dosage table.
Body Weight Ranges (lb)
Fluralaner Content (mg)
4.4 – 9.9
>9.9 – 22.0
>22.0 – 44.0
>44.0 – 88.0
>88.0 – 123.0*
*For dogs over 123.0 lb should be administered the appropriate combination of chews
- Dogs under 6 months of age and 4.4 lbs. are not tested safe for this treatment
- Select the correct pack after weighing your canine
- Consult your vet before starting this treatment
- Do not overdose
- Avoid drinking, eating or chewing gum while treating your pets
- Wash your hands before and after the administration
- Bravecto is not clinically proven to be given to 12 weeks duration of puppies less than 6 months of age.
- Bravecto does not treat Amblyomma americanum ticks (lone star ticks) beyond 8 weeks after dosing.
- In rare cases, dogs may experience adverse reaction due to Bravecto.
- Consult a vet before treating dogs with the history of seizures, muscle tremor and ataxia.
- In case of a dog suffers from vomiting, diarrhoea, lethargy, decreased appetite, flatulence, or polydipsia, contact a vet immediately.